The Oxford University and city guide, on a new plan : containing a full description of the colleges, halls, public buildings, libraries, gardens, walks, pictures and statues, in Oxford : with an account of the dresses, examinations, degrees, distinctive ranks, manners, customs, &c. of the members of the of the university to which is added a guide to Blenheim, Nuneham, the newly discovered Roman villa, near Northleigh, &c.
- A new edition, with considerable additions.
- Oxford [England] : Printed for and sold by Munday & Slatter ..., 1823.
- Physical Description:
- ix, - p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., map ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 O98 O93 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by J. Fisher and John Whessel after G. Cooper.
Added engraved t.p.
Cordeaux, E.H. A bibliography of the printed works relating to the University of Oxford, 310
- Subject Terms:
- Blenheim Palace (England) -- Description and travel.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.Joy, Arthur -- Autograph, 1823.Munday & Slatter -- Printer.Nuneham Courtenay (England) -- Description and travel.University of Oxford -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.