Report on excavations made on the site of the Roman castrum at Lymne, in Kent, in 1850 / by Charles Roach Smith ... ; with notes on the original plan of the castrum, and on the ancient state of the Romney marshes by James Elliott, jun.
- London : Printed for the subscribers to the excavations, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 45,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 L897 S63 1852View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: This copy bound together with: The antiquities of Richborough, Reculver, and Lymne, in Kent by Charles Roach Smith. London : John Russell Smith, 1850.
Illustrations by and after William Henry Brooke also by Frederick William Fairholt after Thomas Thurston, H.W. Rolfe and C.R.S. [i. e. Charles Roach Smith].
Printed by T. Richards, London.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Antiquities, Roman.Excavations (Archaeology) -- England -- Kent.Lympne (England) -- Antiquities, Roman.Richards, T. -- Printer.Romans -- England -- Kent.
- Lithographs -- 1852.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1852.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Charles Roach, 1807-1890, Report on excavations made on the site of the Roman castrum at Lymne, in Kent, in 1850 , 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.