Barnard, George, 1807-1890, The Continental drawing book , Jany. 2nd, 1837
- The Continental drawing book : for the use of advanced pupils : being views in Switzerland and the Alps and Italian lakes / drawn from nature and on stone by George Barnard.
- London : Published by Ackermann and Co., Jany. 2nd, 1837.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 28 cm x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 .B37 1837+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title leaf signed: Printed by C. Hullmandel.
Lithographed t.p. included in foliation.
Tinted lithographs throughout.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 93
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped green cloth binding. Front cover gilt stamped: Continental drawing book. 13 plates by Barnard. Binder's ticket: T. Sotheran. Inscribed: Mary Hunter, 4th July 1846. A present from her dear papa. A pencilled ms. annotation on rear pasted down end-paper gives issue price as 21/-
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann and Co. -- Publisher.Alps -- Pictorial works.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Italy -- Pictorial works.Lakes -- Italy -- Pictorial works.Sotheran, T. -- Binder.Switzerland -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1837.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.