IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Garsault, François A. de (François Alexandre), 1693-1778, Le guide du cavalier , M.DCC.LXX 
Le guide du cavalier / par M. de Garsault, auteur du Nouveau Parfait Maréchal.
- A Paris : Chez les Libraires associés, M.DCC.LXX 
- Physical Description:
- v [i.e. iv], 311[i.e. 216] p., 7 leaves of plates : ill. ; 16 cm. (BEIN Copy 2: 17 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .G37 1770Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Colophon reads: De l'imprimerie de Didot, rue Pavée, 1769.
Plates engraved by Pierre Nicolas Ransonnette after De Garsault.
Signatures: pi² A-I¹².
Title vignette, head- and tail-pieces, initials.
Plate no. 1 has half-title and is generally bound either as added engraved t.p. or as frontispiece.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 59
BEIN 1977 2306 copy 2: Plate 1, with half-title, is bound as front.
BAC: Copy lacks plate no. 4. Plate no. 1 bound as added engraved t.p.
BAC: Copy has 20th century bookplate of Lucien Camille Goldschmidt with MS inscription "With many good wishes for the holidays and the new year May I add how strongly I admire the new wing of the National Gallery" on inside of upper board (copy was a gift from Goldschmidt to Paul Mellon for Christmas 1978). 18th/19th century ownership inscription (faded and illegible) on t.p.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, Robert Sterling, d. 1956 -- OwnershipDidot, François-Ambroise, 1730-1804 -- Printer.Goldschmidt, Lucien Camille -- BookplateHorsemanship -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Training -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1770.
Engravings -- 1770.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.