The new Margate, Ramsgate, and Broadstairs guide : containing an historical epitome of the antient and present state of the Isle of Thanet : with an account of public assemblies, libraries, theatre, and other accommodations of those improved watering places, to the year 1802 ; being chiefly intended as a descriptive pocket companion, for the company resorting thereto / embellished with a striking likeness of Charles le Bas ... engraved by Heath and illustrated with views of Margate, Ramsgate, and Broadstairs, and a correct map of the island, from a survey by Hogben.
- Second edition, with many additions.
- Margate : Printed and sold by J. Warren ... Messrs. Richardson ... London, and at the Libraries Margate, Ramsgate, and Broadstairs, 1802.
- Physical Description:
- viii, -134 p.,  folded leaf of plate : ill., map ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 M42 N48 1802Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by Heath. Map engraved by John Ellis after a survey by J. Hogben.
BAC: Spine title reads: Margate, Ramsgate and Broadstairs guide.
MUDD Edea T33 1: Lacks covers.
Printed by J. Warren, Margate.
- Subject Terms:
- Broadstairs (England) -- Description and travel.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1802.Health resorts -- Great Britain.Margate (England) -- Description and travel.Ramsgate (England) -- Description and travel.Richardson, Messrs. -- Publisher.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1802.Thanet (England) -- Description and travel.Warren,J. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 1802.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.