The Sandgate, Hythe and Folkestone guide : containing an account of their ancient and present state and a description of the principal objects worthy of attention in the neighbourhood : to which is subjoined a brief history of the Cinque-Ports.
- Sandgate : Purday and Son ..., 1823.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 120,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 H98 H9 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Joseph Jeakes after Jacob George Strutt.
Advertisement: p. 120 for another book published by W. Tiffen. Handwritten notes on p. 118-119 concerning persons once in the office of Lord Warden of the Cinque-Ports.
Printed by W. Tiffen, Hythe.
Earlier editions published under title: The Hythe, Sandgate & Folkstone guide.
- Subject Terms:
- Cinque Ports (Association) -- History.Folkestone (England) -- Description and travel.Hythe (Kent, England) -- Description and travel.Purday and Son -- Publisher.Sandgate (England) -- Description and travel.Thomas, J. -- Autograph, 1826.Tiffen,W. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Specimens -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.