Williams, G. A. (George Arthur), William's New guide to Cheltenham , 1824
- William's New guide to Cheltenham : being a complete history and description of that celebrated watering place, embracing a minute account of the virtues and qualities of its mineral waters, and a summary of the disorders in which they are recommended, together with a sketch of the surrounding country, and an account of Gloucester and its cathedral, as well as other places worth of notice ...
- Cheltenham : Printed for G.A. Williams, Library ... also by Longman and Co. and Whittakers, London, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 203,  p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., maps ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 C48 W54 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Bound in original tan wrappers, as issued. Advertisement on back wrapper.
Illustrations by C. Lebas and J. Kennerly; after I. Baker, Giles and George Allen Underwood.
Date from front cover.
Printed by J.J. Hadley, Cheltenham.
- Subject Terms:
- Cheltenham (England) -- Guidebooks.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Hadley, J.J. -- Printer.Health resorts -- England -- Cheltenham.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1824.Longman and Co. -- Publisher.Whittakers -- Publisher.Williams, George Arthur -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.