IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Williams, G. A. (George Arthur), William's New guide to Cheltenham , 1824
William's New guide to Cheltenham : being a complete history and description of that celebrated watering place, embracing a minute account of the virtues and qualities of its mineral waters, and a summary of the disorders in which they are recommended, together with a sketch of the surrounding country, and an account of Gloucester and its cathedral, as well as other places worth of notice ...
- Cheltenham : Printed for G.A. Williams, Library ... also by Longman and Co. and Whittakers, London, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 203,  p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., maps ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 C48 W54 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Bound in original tan wrappers, as issued. Advertisement on back wrapper.
Illustrations by C. Lebas and J. Kennerly; after I. Baker, Giles and George Allen Underwood.
Date from front cover.
Printed by J.J. Hadley, Cheltenham.
- Subject Terms:
- Cheltenham (England) -- Guidebooks.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Hadley, J.J. -- Printer.Health resorts -- England -- Cheltenham.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1824.Longman and Co. -- Publisher.Whittakers -- Publisher.Williams, George Arthur -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.