The history and antiquities of the town and port of Hastings : illustrated by a series of engravings from original drawings / by W. G. Moss ...
- London : Published by W. G. Moss ... and sold by Simpkin and Marshall ..., 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 3, , xiv, , 206,  p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., map ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 H35 H4 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: List of subscribers: p. [v]-x.
Text by William Herbert. See Dawson.
Dawson, C. History of Hastings Castle v. 1, p. vi
BAC: Prospectus tipped in at front.
Illustrations by Henry Wallis, Henry Adlard, Bartholomew Howlett, Robert Acon, Robert Wallis, Edward Goodall, J. A. Rolph, E. Goddon, William Raymond Smith after William George Moss.
Printed by W. Lewis, London.
Plates are mounted India proofs.
- Subject Terms:
- Boyce, George Price -- Autograph, 1877.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Hastings (England) -- Antiquities.Hastings (England) -- History.Lewis, W. -- Printer.Moss, W. G. -- Publisher.Simpkin and Marshall -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Herbert, William, 1772-1851, The history and antiquities of the town and port of Hastings , 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.