Illustrations of Hastings and its vicinity.
- Hastings : G. Wooll, [ca. 1820].
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 16 x 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 H35 R68 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 H35 R68 1820+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by and after George Rowe; C.G. White, G. Tyller, and Paul Fischer.
Date from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 158
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Colored lithograph plates mounted on larger sheets. Copy 2 has uncolored plates and includes additional leaves of plates not present in copy 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Hastings.Church architecture -- England -- Hastings.Hastings (England) -- Pictorial works.Landscape -- England -- Hastings.
- Lithographs -- 1820.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
- Entrance to Hastings from the London Road
- Hastings from Minnis Rock
- Entrance to Hastings
- Entrance to High Street, Hastings
- All Sts. Church, Hastings
- Hastings from the East
- Fish Market. Hastings
- East Hill from the Battery, Hastings
- Breeds Place & Castle Stt. Hastings
- Wellington Square, Hasstings
- Hastings Castle
- Ruins of the Chapel, Hastings-Castle
- White Rock, Hastings
- Hastings from the White Rock
- Hastings Castle from near the Hop Gardens
- Hastings from Bohemia Gardens
- East Lodge St. Leonards, Hastings in the distance
- St. Leonards Hotel
- North Lodge, St. Leonards.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.