A popular account of the interesting priory of Llanthony, near Gloucester : with notices of its original foundation in Wales, and subsequent removal to England : also additional notices of contemporaneous buildings in Gloucester, and introductory remarks on the monastic system / by John Clarke ...
- Gloucester : J.W. Needham ; 1853.
London : George Bell, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- , 87,  p.,  leaves of plates ; ill., plan ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 G5 C55 1853View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Advertisement for J.W. Needham's printing offices on last page.
Illustrations after John Clarke and J. Carrington, printed by Day & Son.
BAC: Binder's ticket reads: Bone & Son, 76, Fleet Street, London.
Printed by J.W. Needham, Gloucester.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, George -- Publisher.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Day & Son -- Printer.Gloucester (England) -- Pictorial works.Historic buildings -- England -- Gloucester.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1853.Llanthony Abbey.Monasticism and religious orders -- England -- Gloucester.Needham, J. W. -- Printer.Seymour, George J. -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Clarke, John Randall, A popular account of the interesting priory of Llanthony, near Gloucester , 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.