A description of the university, town and county of Cambridge : containing an account of the colleges, churches, and public buildings, and their founders, benefactors, eminent men, libraries, pictures and curiosities, a list of the heads of colleges, professors, university officers ... and other useful tables, a description of the seats, rivers, &c. in the county ... : illustrated with neat views of the public buildings. This edition contains near one third more than any former one with a new plan of the town.
- Cambridge : Printed by J. Burges ... for J. Deighton ..., 1796.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, 166,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 C2 D47 1796Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Bound in original wrappers, as issued.
BAC: Cover title reads: Cambridge guide.
Illustrations by J. Woodyer and Peter Spendelowe Lamborn after John Heins. Map engraved by Samuel John Neele.
Half t.p. reads: Cambridge guide.
Principally concerning the university.
- Subject Terms:
- Burges, J. -- PrinterCambridge (England) -- Pictorial works.Deighton, J. -- PublisherEngraving -- Specimens -- 1796University of Cambridge -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
A description of the university, town and county of Cambridge , 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.