A tour to Cheltenham spa, or, Gloucestershire display'd : containing an account of Cheltenham, in its improved state ... the natural history of the county and city of Gloucester ... a correct itinerary from Cheltenham, and an account of the posts from Gloucester and Cheltenham ... the whole interspersed with explanatory historical, chronological ,and genealogical notes ... / by Simeon Moreau ...
- The fourth edition.
- Bath : Printed for the author, by R. Cruttwell ... and sold by ... Mr. Harward, at Cheltenham, Gloucester, and Tewkesbury ; and by C. Dilly, Poultry, and J. Walter ... London, 1789.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 195,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 G5 M67 1789Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Thomas Bonnor; after S. Howson.
Advertisement for a new edition on last page.
Half t.p. reads: A tour to Cheltenham Spa, or Gloucestershire displayed.
- Subject Terms:
- Cheltenham (England) -- Guidebooks.Cruttwell, R. -- Printer.Dilly, C. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1789.Gloucestershire (England) -- Guidebooks.Harward, Mr. -- Publisher.Moreau, Simeon -- Pres. insc. to Augusta Sophias.Moreau, Simeon -- Publisher.Sophias, Augusta -- Pres. insc. from Simeon Morreau.Walter, J. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Moreau, Simeon, d. 1810, A tour to Cheltenham spa, or, Gloucestershire display'd , 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.