Gaskell, Elizabeth Cleghorn, 1810-1865, Cranford , 1891
- Cranford / by Mrs. Gaskell ; with a preface by Anne Thackeray Ritchie and illustrations by Hugh Thomson.
- London ; Macmillan and Co., 1891.
New York : Macmillan and Co., 1891.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 297 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4710 C73 1891Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in full green gold-stamped morocco. Binding signed: H.T. [i.e. Hugh Thomson].
BEIN 1978 129: Variant bindings.
BEIN 1978 129 Copy 1: Provenance: This copy has presentation inscription from Hugh Thomson to Marion H. Spielmann and bookplate of Spielmann. 20 cm.
BEIN 1978 129 Copy 2: Provenance: This copy has bookplate of Lansing Hammond and presentation inscripton of Helen Bagley.
Printed by R. & R. Clark, Edinburgh.
- Subject Terms:
- Bagley, Helen -- Presentation inscription.Clark, R. & R. -- Printer.Hammond, Lansing Van der Leyden, 1906- -- Bookplate.Spielmann, M. H. (Marion Harry), 1858-1948 -- Bookplate.Spielmann, M. H. (Marion Harry), 1858-1948 -- Presentation inscription from H. Thomson.Thomson, Hugh, 1860-1920 -- Presentation inscription to M. H. Spielmann.Thomson, Hugh, 1860-1920, binding designer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.