The Scottish bestiary.
- [Edinburgh] : Paragon Press, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- 1 case ( leaves) : ill. (some col.) ; 59 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A P 14Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy is no.  of 60 copies, signed by the author and artists.
"Conceived and published by Charles Booth-Clibborn under the imprint of the Paragon Press in 1986"--Leaf .
"George Mackay Brown has written the Bestiary texts. The following artists have illustrated the Scottish Bestiary, John Bellany ... Steven Campbell ... Peter Howson ... Jack Knox ... Bruce McLean ... June Redfern ... Adrian Wiszniewski"--Leaf .
Contains 21 loose bifolia, all except the last including a full-page plate.
"The book has been published in an edition of sixty copies, numbered 1 to 60, signed by the artists and author. There are an extra fifteen signed copies numbered I to XV, printed for the publisher, artists and author. A further ten complete and incomplete proof copies also exist. An additional fifty portfolios of the graphics in this book have also been published..."--Leaf .
- Subject Terms:
- Animals -- Literary collections.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bain, Bob -- Printer.Bestiaries.Booth Clibborn, Charles -- Publisher.Cordiner, Stewart -- Printer.Dunbar, Lennox -- Printer.Fisher, Beth -- Printer.King, Simon -- Printer.Paragon Press -- Printer.Peacock Printmakers -- Printer.Watson, Arthur -- Printer.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
Screen prints -- 1986.
Etchings -- 1986.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1986.
Woodcuts -- 1986.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.