Travels and discoveries in North and Central Africa : being a journal of an expedition undertaken under the auspices of H. B. M.'s government, in the years 1849-1855 / by Henry Barth.
- Additional Title(s):
Reisen und Entdeckungen in Nord- und Central-Afrika in den Jahren 1849 bis 1855. English.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, Longman's, & Roberts, 1857-1858.
- Physical Description:
- 5 v. : ill., maps, plans ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT351 B35 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC: Binder's ticket in v. I and IV: Bound by Westley's.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Vol. I-III published in 1857; v. IV-V published in 1858.
Includes publisher's advertisements and catalogue.
Printed by Spottiswoode & Co., New Street Square.
Illustrations by M. & N. Hanhart; after J.M. Bernatz and Heinrich Barth.
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 935
Abbey, J.R. Travel 274
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, Central -- Discovery and exploration.Africa, North -- Discovery and exploration.Hanhart, M. & N -- Printer.Longman, Brown, Green, Longman's & Robert's -- Publisher.Slave trade -- Africa.Spottiswoode & Co. -- Printer.Voyages and travels.Westley's -- Binder.
- Lithotints -- 1857-1858.
Woodcuts -- 1857-1858.
YCBA Collections Search
Barth, Heinrich, 1821-1865, Travels and discoveries in North and Central Africa , 1857-1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.