Series of views illustrative of the picturesque scenery on the banks of the Wye, between Ross and Chepstow.
- [Gloucester] : Published by T. Jew, Bookseller, Gloucester, [1835?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 pt. ( leaves of plates) : all ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.W97 B37 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithography by Thomas Mann Baynes; after W.H. Bartlett.
Printed by Jew and Wingate.
Date of publication from Abbey.
"Price 7s. 6d. India, 5s. 6d. plain"--Cover title.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 548
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Imperfect: lacks part 2. Bound in original printer wrappers. On plain paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Jew and Wingate -- Printer.Jew, T. -- Publisher.Landscapes -- Wye, River, Valley (Wales and England) -- Pictorial works.Rivers -- England -- Pictorial works.Rivers -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Valleys -- England -- Pictorial works.Valleys -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Wye, River (Wales and England) -- Pictorial works.Wye, River, Valley (Wales and England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
- Contents (from cover title): Part 1. Goodrich Castle (two views)
- Coldwell Rocks
- New Weir
- Part 2. Tintern Abbey (two views)
- Bannagor Crags
- Chepstow Castle (two views).