Italian school of design : a series of select studies, engraved by F. Bartolozzi, and others : from the original pictures and drawings of Guercino, Michael Angelo, Domenichino, Annibale, Ludovico, and Agostino Carracci, P. Da Cortona, Carlo Maratti, Elisabetta Sirani, Pellegrino Tibaldi, Francheshino, &c. &c. : now preserved in the collection of Her Majesty, Queen Victoria.
- London : Henry G. Bohn, York Street, Covent Garden, 1842.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND611 .V53 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved throughout.
Engravings by Francesco Bartolozzi, Isaac Basire, Giovanni Vitalba, Francis (?) Torond, Richard Dalon, Giuseppe Zocchi, and Claude Du Bosc; after Guercino, Annibale Carracci, Carlo Maratti, Pellegrino Pellegrini, Pietro Da Cortona, Franceshino, Giovanni Battista Cipriani, Carlo Cignani, Domenichino, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Agostino Caracci, Lodovico Carracci, Albert van der Eeckhout, S. De Pesero, Pietro Montanini, Antoine Watteau, and Elisabetta Sirani.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red half leather and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Dale, West Lodge.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Italy -- History.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Art, Renaissance.Bohn, Henry G. -- Publisher.Dale -- Bookplate.Painting, Italian.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Art collections.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Engravings -- 1842.
Etchings -- 1842.
YCBA Collections Search
Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901, Italian school of design , 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.