German scenery : from drawings made in 1820 / by Captain Batty, of the Grenadier Guards. F.R.S.
- Additional Title(s):
European scenery. Germany
- London : Published by Rodwell & Martin, New Bond Street, 1823.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1724 .B38 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: European scenery. Germany.
Engravings by Charles Heath, Thomas Barber, W. Woolnoth, Charles Askey, Edward John Roberts, Samuel Lacey, William Radclyffe, Edward Finden, James Redaway, Thomas Owen, William Cooke, Henry WInkles, George Corbould, J. Henshall, William Tombleson, William Robert Smith, Robert Wallis, H. Hobson, Charles Westwood, James Baylis Allen, Robert Acon, George Hollis, E. Blore, James Rolph, and William Miller; after Robert Batty.
Each plate accompanied by a page of letterpress description. Text on recto is in English with a French translation on verso of the page.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half morocco with marbled boards. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell. Lacks preliminary half-title leaf.
- Subject Terms:
- Austria -- Descrtiption and travel.Germany -- Description and travel.Hunnerwll, James Frothingham -- BookplateRodwell & Martin -- PublisherSteel engraving -- Specimens -- 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.