Morison, Stanley, 1889-1967, John Bell, 1745-1831 ;, 1930
John Bell, 1745-1831 ; bookseller, printer, publisher, typefounder, journalist, &c ... / by Stanley Morison.
- Cambridge [England] : Printed for the Author at the University Press, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 1 unnumbered page, 165 pages, 3 unnumbered pages, 18 leaves of plates (some folded) : frontispiece (color), illustrations (some color), portraits, facsimiles ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryZ235 B43 M67 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "300 copies for sale."
Advertisement, page .
Appendices: a. The book-typography of John Bell.--b. Newspaper typography of John Bell.--c. Bell's types in the United States of America.--d. John Bell's type speciments.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, John, 1745-1831.Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- Biography.Printers -- England -- Biography.Printing -- Specimens.Type and type-founding -- England -- History.Type designers -- England -- Biography.
- Publishers' advertisements.