Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, The works of John Ruskin , 1903-12
- The works of John Ruskin / edited by E.T. Cook and Alexander Wedderburn.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Works 1903
- Library edition.
- London : George Allen, 156, Charing Cross Road, 1903-12.
Edinburgh and London : Ballantyne, Hanson & Co., 1903-12.
- Physical Description:
- 39 v. : frontspiece, illustrations, portraits, plans, facsimiles, diagrams; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryPR5251 C66 1903 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Stack Ref. PR5251 C66 1903: Bookplate of John Quinn: II, V, VIII-IX, XI, XIII-XVI, XIX, XXII-XXVI, XXIX-XXXII, XXXVI, XXXVIII.
Ruskin's coat of arms in gilt on front cover.
Each volume also has special title page.
"Two thousand and sixty-two copies of this edition--of which two thousand are for sale in England and America--have been printed at the Ballantyne press, Edinburgh, and the type has been distributed".
- v. I. Early prose writings 1834 to 1843 -- v. II. Poems -- v. III. Modern painters v. I -- v. IV. Modern painters v. II -- v. V. Modern painters v. III -- v. VI. Modern painters IV -- v. VII. Modern painters V -- v. VIII. The seven lamps of architecture -- v. IX. Stones of Venice v. I -- v. X. Stones of Venice v. II The sea-stories -- v. XI. Stones of Venice v. III The fall and examples of the architecture of Venice -- v. XII. Lectures on architecture and painting (Edinburgh, 1853) with other papers 1844-1854 -- v. XIII. Turner the harbours of England catalogues and notes -- v. XIV. Academy notes, notes on Prout and Hunt and other art criticisms 1855-1888 -- v. XV. Elements of drawing, Elements of perspective, and the laws of Fésole -- v. XVI. "A Joy For Ever" and The two paths with leters on the Oxford Museum and various addresses 1856-1860 -- v. XVII. Unto this last, Munera pulveris, Time and tide with other writings on political economy 1860-1873 -- v. XVIII. Sesame and lilies, The ethics of the dust, The crown of wild olive, with letters on public affiars 1859-1866 -- v. XIX. Cestus of Aglaia and the queen of the air with other papers and lectures on art and literature -- v. XX. Lectures on art and Aratra pentelici, with lectures and notes on Greek art and mythology 1870 -- v. XXI. The Ruskin art collection at Oxford, catalogues, notes and instructions -- v. XXII. Lectures on landscape, Michael Angelo and Tintoret, The eagles nest, Ariadne fiorentina, with notes for other Oxford lectures -- v. XXIII. Val d'Arno, The schools of Florence, Mornings in Florence, The shepherd's tower -- v. XXIV. Giotto and his works in Padua, The cavalli monuments Verona, Guide to the academy Venice, St. Mark's rest -- v. XXV. Love's meinie and Proserpina --v. XXVI. Deucalion and other studies in rocks and stones -- v. XXVII. Fors clavigera letters 1-36 -- v. XXVIII. Fors clavigera letters 37-72 -- v. XXIX. Fors clavigera letters 73-96 -- v. XXX. The guid and museum of St. George -- v. XXXI. Bibliotheca pastorum: The economist of Xenophon, Rock honeycomb, The elements of prosody, and A knght's faith -- v. XXXII. Studies in peasant life: The story of Ida, roadside songs of Tuscany, Christ's folk in the Apennine, Ulric the farm servant -- v. XXXIII. The Bible of Amiens, Valle crucis, The art of England, The pleasures of England -- v. XXXIV. The storm-cloud of the nineteenth century, On the old road, Arrows of the chace, Ruskiniana -- v. XXXV. Praeteria and dilecta --v. XXXVI. The letters of John Ruskin 1827-1869 -- v. XXXVII. The letters of John Ruskin 1870-1889 -- v. XXXVIII. Bibliography, catalogue of Ruskin's drawings, addenda et corrigenda -- v. XXXIX. General index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art criticism -- 19th century.English literature -- 19th century.Quinn, John, 1870-1924 Bookplate.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Bibliography.