Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, The works of John Ruskin , 1903-12
The works of John Ruskin / edited by E.T. Cook and Alexander Wedderburn.
- Additional Title(s):
- Library edition.
- London : George Allen, 156, Charing Cross Road, 1903-12.
Edinburgh and London : Ballantyne, Hanson & Co., 1903-12.
- Physical Description:
- 39 v. : frontspiece, illustrations, portraits, plans, facsimiles, diagrams; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryPR5251 C66 1903 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN Stack Ref. PR5251 C66 1903: Bookplate of John Quinn: II, V, VIII-IX, XI, XIII-XVI, XIX, XXII-XXVI, XXIX-XXXII, XXXVI, XXXVIII.
Ruskin's coat of arms in gilt on front cover.
Each volume also has special title page.
"Two thousand and sixty-two copies of this edition--of which two thousand are for sale in England and America--have been printed at the Ballantyne press, Edinburgh, and the type has been distributed".
- Subject Terms:
- Art criticism -- 19th century.English literature -- 19th century.Quinn, John, 1870-1924 Bookplate.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Bibliography.
- v. I. Early prose writings 1834 to 1843
- v. II. Poems
- v. III. Modern painters v. I
- v. IV. Modern painters v. II
- v. V. Modern painters v. III
- v. VI. Modern painters IV
- v. VII. Modern painters V
- v. VIII. The seven lamps of architecture
- v. IX. Stones of Venice v. I
- v. X. Stones of Venice v. II The sea-stories
- v. XI. Stones of Venice v. III The fall and examples of the architecture of Venice
- v. XII. Lectures on architecture and painting (Edinburgh, 1853) with other papers 1844-1854
- v. XIII. Turner the harbours of England catalogues and notes
- v. XIV. Academy notes, notes on Prout and Hunt and other art criticisms 1855-1888
- v. XV. Elements of drawing, Elements of perspective, and the laws of Fésole
- v. XVI. "A Joy For Ever" and The two paths with leters on the Oxford Museum and various addresses 1856-1860
- v. XVII. Unto this last, Munera pulveris, Time and tide with other writings on political economy 1860-1873
- v. XVIII. Sesame and lilies, The ethics of the dust, The crown of wild olive, with letters on public affiars 1859-1866
- v. XIX. Cestus of Aglaia and the queen of the air with other papers and lectures on art and literature
- v. XX. Lectures on art and Aratra pentelici, with lectures and notes on Greek art and mythology 1870
- v. XXI. The Ruskin art collection at Oxford, catalogues, notes and instructions
- v. XXII. Lectures on landscape, Michael Angelo and Tintoret, The eagles nest, Ariadne fiorentina, with notes for other Oxford lectures
- v. XXIII. Val d'Arno, The schools of Florence, Mornings in Florence, The shepherd's tower
- v. XXIV. Giotto and his works in Padua, The cavalli monuments Verona, Guide to the academy Venice, St. Mark's rest
- v. XXV. Love's meinie and Proserpina --v. XXVI. Deucalion and other studies in rocks and stones
- v. XXVII. Fors clavigera letters 1-36
- v. XXVIII. Fors clavigera letters 37-72
- v. XXIX. Fors clavigera letters 73-96
- v. XXX. The guid and museum of St. George
- v. XXXI. Bibliotheca pastorum: The economist of Xenophon, Rock honeycomb, The elements of prosody, and A knght's faith
- v. XXXII. Studies in peasant life: The story of Ida, roadside songs of Tuscany, Christ's folk in the Apennine, Ulric the farm servant
- v. XXXIII. The Bible of Amiens, Valle crucis, The art of England, The pleasures of England
- v. XXXIV. The storm-cloud of the nineteenth century, On the old road, Arrows of the chace, Ruskiniana
- v. XXXV. Praeteria and dilecta --v. XXXVI. The letters of John Ruskin 1827-1869
- v. XXXVII. The letters of John Ruskin 1870-1889
- v. XXXVIII. Bibliography, catalogue of Ruskin's drawings, addenda et corrigenda
- v. XXXIX. General index.