Wise, Thomas James, 1859-1937, The Ashley library,, 1922-36
The Ashley library, a catalogue of printed books, manuscripts and autograph letters, collected by Thomas James Wise ...
- London, Printed for private circulation only, 1922-36.
- Physical Description:
- 11 v. fronts, ports., facsims. 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ997 .W57 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN Richards Kipling 1606: Imperfect: Vol. X only. Bound in yellow buckram, ornamented and lettered in gilt. From the David Alan Richards Collection of Rudyard Kipling.
Part of plates printed on both sides.
"Of this book two hundred copies only have been printed."
Device on recto of last leaf inscribed: The Ashley library. Privately printed.
"Mr. Wise's aim ... has been to form a library of the first editions of the famous English poets and dramatists, in perfect state, from Elizabethan times until the present."--Pref.
Richards, D.A. Rudyard Kipling: a bibliography, B 88
- Subject Terms:
- English drama -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.English literature -- First editions -- Bibliography.English poetry -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936 -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Rare books -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Richards, David Alan, 1945- -- Ownership.Wise, Thomas James, 1859-1937 -- Library.
- I. A-C
- II. D-Jones
- III. Jonson-Pollard
- V. Shadwell-Shirley
- VI. Sterne-Swinburne
- VII. Swinburne (continued)-Wollstone
- VIII. Wordsworth-Yates. Additions and admissions: A-W
- IX. [Supplement] A-Y. Index to v. 1-9
- X. [Supplement] A-Y
- XI. [Supplement] A-Y. Index to v. 10-11.