Caledonia : illustrated in a series of views taken expressly for the work / by W.H. Bartlett, T. Allom and others ; the descriptive text by William Beattie.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : J.S. Virtue, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865 .B43 1838+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Henry Adlard, James Baylis Allen, J.W. Appleton, Jame Charles Armytage, Thomas Barber, E. Benjamin, Joseph Clayton Bentley, Samuel Bradshaw, Robert Brandard, D. Buckle, James Carter, Ebenezer Challis, John Cleghorn, Charles Cousen, John Cousen, William Deeble, William Finden, S. Fisher, Henry Griffiths, Frederick James Havell, Thomas Higham, W. Hill, John James Hinchliff, Thomas Jeavons, Henry Jorden, J.H. Kernot, James Lewis, William Mossman, Charles Mottram, Thomas Abiel Prior, Edward Radclyffe, William Radclyffe, James C. Redaway, George K. Richardson, Edward John Roberts, John Rogers, Robert Sands, John Smith, William Raymond Smith, Matthew James Starling, James Tingle, William Tombleson, Francis William Topham, John Charles Varrall, Robert Wallis, James Tibbetts Willmore, and William Woonoth; after Thomas Allom, George Balmer, William Henry Bartlett, George Bryant Campion, James Duffield Harding, George Meikle Kemp, Horatio Macculloch, Alexander Nasmyth, and William Purser.
Map of Scotland in v. 1 "engraved by the Ominigraph F.P. Becker & Co."
Date of publication from British Library.
Originally issued in parts.
Added engraved title page with title: Scotland illustrated.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 2, p. 458
Eng. cat. of books, v. 1, p. 52
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 374
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-stamped green morocco, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Scotland.F.P. Becker & Co. -- Printer.Landscapes -- Scotland.Order of St. Andrew of Scotland -- Binding.Scotland -- Description and travel.Virtue, J.S. -- Publisher.
- Armorial bindings (Binding)
Soft-ground etchings -- 1838.
Steel engravings -- 1838.
Engravings -- 1838.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.