IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bede, Cuthbert, 1827-1889, Photographic pleasures , 1855
Photographic pleasures : popularly portrayed with pen and pencil / by Cuthbert Bede, B.A., author of "Verdant Green," &c. &c. &c.
- London : Thomas McLean, 26, Haymarket, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- , 14-83,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479 .B43 1855Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- At head of title: With original illustrations by the author.
Cuthbert Bede is the pseudonym of Edward Bradley.
"London: Printed by Beynell and Weight, Little Pulteney Street."--T.p. verso.
With an added engraved title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy has ALS from Edward Bradley (i.e., the author Cuthbert Bede) to Thomas McLean tipped onto first free preliminary end-paper. Ms inscription to W. Heathcote, from author, dated Feb. 13, 1855 on preliminary end-paper.
Printed by Reynell and Weight, Little Pulteney Street.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradley, Edward -- 1827-1889 -- Pres. inscription to W. Heathcote, Feb. 13, 1855Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Etching -- Specimens -- 1855.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Heathcote, W. -- Pres. inscription from Edward Bradley, Feb. 13, 1855McLean, Thomas -- Publisher.Photography -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Reynell and Weight -- Printer.Satire, English.Wit and humor, Pictorial -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.