Proceedings of the expedition to explore the northern coast of Africa : from Tripoly eastward; in MDCCCXXI. and MDCCCXXII. comprehending an account of the Greater Syrtis and Cyrenaica : and of the ancient cities composing the pentapolis / By Captain F.W. Beechey ... and H.W. Beechey ...
- London : John Murray, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 572, xliii,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : maps ; 29 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT219 B44 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 305
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by Edward Francis Finden; after Henry William Beechey.
Signatures: a-c⁴ B-4C⁴ 4D² a-f⁴
Errata slip tipped in at p. .
Printed by William Clowes, Stamford Street.
Library Company of Philadelphia. Afro-Americana, 1553-1906, 1034
MUDD Efa +821: Fold map wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Clowes, William -- Printer.Libya -- Antiquities.Libya -- Discovery and exploration.Murray, John -- Publisher.Sidra, Gulf of (Libya)Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1828.Voyages and travels.
- Aquatints -- 1828.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
YCBA Collections Search
Beechey, Frederick William, 1796-1856, Proceedings of the expedition to explore the northern coast of Africa , 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.