The stranger's guide and historical & biographical hand-book to Oxford from the earliest ages to the present time : containing a description of the colleges, halls, & public buildings : with an account of the dresses, degrees, manners, and customs of the members of the university : to which is added a description of Blenheim, the roman villa, and Shotover House.
- Oxford : Printed and published by F. Trash, .
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 258 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 O98 S66 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Spine title reads: Oxford guide, 1854.
Date from Cordeaux.
Cordeaux, E.H. Bibliography of printed works relating to the University of Oxford 323
- Subject Terms:
- Blenheim Palace (England)Lithography, Color -- Specimens -- 1853.Oxford (England) -- Guidebooks.Oxford (England) -- History.Oxford (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1853.Trash, F. -- Publisher.University of Oxford -- Description and travel.University of Oxford -- History.University of Oxford -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
The stranger's guide and historical & biographical hand-book to Oxford from the earliest ages to the present time , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.