Selections from views of the residences and county seats of the nobility and gentry : which illustrate the most important national work entitled The mansions of England and Wales / by John Bartlett.
- London : Bartlett & Wood, 1851.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 x 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 .B37 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithography by Augustus Butler, William Gauci, and Thomas J. Rawlins; after John McNevin, F. Peake, and Frederick Charles Terry.
Cover title, on printed wrappers.
Each plate accompanied by leaf of descriptive letterpress.
At foot of title page: Price one guinea.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter leather and marbled boards; original printed cover title bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Bartlett & Wood -- Publisher.Castles -- Great Britain.Historic buildings -- Great Britain.Mansions -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
- Raby Castle
- Arborfield Hall
- Vicars Cross
- Caton Hall
- Eaton Hall
- Ashfield Hall
- Ashton Hayes
- Milbourne Hall
- Hadzor House
- Prestwood House
- Flitwick Manor House
- Stourton Castle
- Burton Agnes Hall
- Peckforton Castle
- Vale Royal.