Belzoni, Giovanni Battista, 1778-1823, Plates illustrative of the researches and operations of G. Belzoni in Egypt and Nubia, 1820
Plates illustrative of the researches and operations of G. Belzoni in Egypt and Nubia.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1820.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 44 [i.e. 34] leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations, maps, plans ; 62 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 12Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Issued as accompanying atlas to Belzoni's work: Narrative of the operations and recent discoveries within the pyramids, temples, tombs and excavations in Egypt and Nubia.
Letterpress title page and description of plates followed by 34 leaves of illustrations numbered 1-44, with some individual plates containing multiple numbered illustrations. Plates 1-10, 13-19, 34-37, and 44 are hand-colored lithographs; 32, 33, 38, and 39 are uncolored lithographs; 11, 12, 20-23, 25-31, 40-43 are hand-colored etchings; folded plate no. 24 is a hand-colored aquatint.
Price on front board: £6. 6s.
Engravings by Agostino Aglio and J. Clark, after Giovanni Battista Belzoni and Sarah Belzoni.
Lithographs printed by Charles Joseph Hullmandel, after Giovanni Battista Belzoni and Alessandro Ricci.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 268
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Has bound with it: Six new plates illustrative of the researches and operations of G. Belzoni in Egypt and Nubia (London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1822).
- Subject Terms:
- Egypt -- Antiquities.Nubia -- Antiquities.Women -- Egypt.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.