Scenes in Ethiopia : designed from nature / by John Martin Bernatz ... with descriptions of the plates, and extracts from a journal of travel in that country in two volumes...
- Munich ; London : E.G. Moon, 20, Threadneedle Street, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes in 1 : illustrations, map ; 43 x 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 29Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Foot of added engraved title page of volume 1: "The numbers [i.e. plates] 1-5, 7-9, 11-15, 18, 20, 22-24 are printed by Sebastian Minsinger of Münich, and the numbers 6, 10, 16, 17, 19, 21, and the Title page by Julius Adam of Münich." Foot of added engraved title page of volume 2: "The numbers [i.e. plates] 1-3, 6, 8, 9, 11-13, 17, 18, 22, 23 and the Title page are printed by Julius Adam of Münich, and the numbers 2, 7, 10, 14-16, 19-21, 24 by Sebastian Minsinger of Münich."
Engraved by Leop. Rottmann, Aug. Loefler, J. Woelfjle, A. Muttenthaler, E. Correns, Benno Adam, A. Brandmayer, Karl Lindemann-Frommel, P. Herwegen, B. Plockhorst, C. Schach.
BAC Folio A 2022 29: Plates are hand-colored. Bound in contemporary green cloth with leather spine, with title stamped in gold on cover and spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Danakil (Region)Ethiopia -- Description and travel.Shewa Kifle Hāger (Ethiopia)
- volume 1. The lowlands of the Danakil
- volume 2. The highlands of Shoa.