Birch, William, 1760-1794?, Delices de la Grande Bretagne , 
Delices de la Grande Bretagne / engraved and published by William Birch, enamel painter, Hampstead-Heath.
- [London] : [William Birch], 
[London] : Sold by Edwards, Pall-Mall; and Dilly, in the Poultry, 1791.
- Physical Description:
-  pages, x,  leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 21 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620.B57 D45 1791+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by William Birch; after Joshua Reynolds, Joseph Farrington, Abraham Pether, Richard Wilson, Mrs. M. Hartley, W. Robson, George Barret, Thomas Gainsborough, John Opie, Edmund Garvey, J. Phillips, Richard Cooper, Lord Duncannon, Philip Reinagle, T. Herne, Thomas Rowlandson, Benjamin Thomas Pouncy, Joseph Charles Barrow, William Hodges, George Samuel, Benjamin West, John Russell, William Payne, Nicholas Pocock, Richard Corbould, Philip James de Loutherbourg.
Descriptive text in English accompanying each plate.
English short title catalogue, T143282
List of subscribers, pages 3-6.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-stamped red morocco. Gilt edges. Armorial bookplate: J.B. Powis. Has bound in at end: "Proposals for continuing this work by subscription, till a volume is is complete" (1 page) and "List of subscribers to the British views ... June 1st 1789."
- Subject Terms:
- Edwards -- PublisherGreat Britain -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Landscape -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Powis, J.B. -- Bookplate
- Aquatints -- 1791.
Engravings -- 1791.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.