Bickham, George, 1706?-1771, The beauties of Stow, or, A description of the pleasant seat, and noble gardens, of the right honourable Lord Viscount Cobham , 1750
- The beauties of Stow, or, A description of the pleasant seat, and noble gardens, of the right honourable Lord Viscount Cobham : with above thirty designs, or drawings, engraved on copper-plates, of each particular building / by George Bickham.
- London : Printed by E. Owen ... for George Bickham ..., 1750.
- Physical Description:
- 67 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7625 S86 B43 1750Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC: This copy is bound with: The Art of preserving health : a poem / by John Armstrong, M.D. London : Printed for A. Millar in the Strand, 1757.
MUDD Edea St78 750: 17 cm.
Illustrations by and after George Bickham.
- Subject Terms:
- Bickham, George, 1706-1771. -- Publisher.Cobham, Richard Temple, Viscount, 1669?-1749.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1750.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Owen, E. -- Printer.Stow (England) -- History.Stowe Gardens (England) -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.