Orme's Graphic history of the life, exploits, and death of Horatio Nelson : Viscount and Baron Nelson of the Nile, and of Burnham-Thorpe in the county of Norfolk : Baron Nelson of the Nile and of Hilborough in the said county : Knight of the most honourable order of the Bath : Vice-Admiral of the White Squadron of the Fleet : also, Duke of Bronte in Sicily : Knight Grand Cross of the Sicilian Order of St. Ferdinand and of Merit : Member of the Ottoman Order of the Crescent : and Knight Grand Commander of the Order of St. Joachim : embellished with a series of engravings, illustrative of his heroic achievements / the memoirs by Francis William Blagdon, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Graphic history of the life, exploits, and death of Horatio Nelson
- London : Printed for, published and sold by Edward Orme, 59, Bond-Street, the corner of Brook Street and by Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme, Paternoster-Row, 
- Physical Description:
- , 66 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by James Godby, William Pickett, John Swaine, J. Clark, H. Merke, J. R.Hamble; after J. Clark, W. M. Craig, J. M. W. Turner, William Orme. Some printed by J. G. Barnard, 51, Snow-Hill.
Another issue also published in 1806 with date of publication.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 351
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 327
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy. Date of publication derived from frontispiece. Label on front cover : Orme's graphic history of the life, exploits, and death of Lord Nelson. Embellished with a series of engravings. Price four guineas. Additional leaves: lines by H. Tresham, Esq, R. A. One leaf, verso blank, poem inserted after page 64 of text. Proclamation of Lord Nelson. One leaf, verso blank, inserted after page 66 of text.
- Subject Terms:
- Barnard, J. G. -- Printer.Great Britain -- History, Naval.Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme -- Publisher.Nelson, Horatio Nelson, Viscount, 1758-1805.Orme, Edward -- Publisher.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- .
- Aquatints -- .
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- .
YCBA Collections Search
Blagdon, Francis William, 1778-1819, Orme's Graphic history of the life, exploits, and death of Horatio Nelson , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.