IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Barker, Benjamin, 1776-1838, Forty-eight aquatint colored engravings , 1824
Forty-eight aquatint colored engravings / by Theodore Fielding, from a work containing forty-eight subjects of landscape scenery, principally views in and near Bath, painted in oil by Benjamin Barker.
- Additional Title(s):
At head of title: Fine arts
- Bath : Clark, Printer, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 48 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B3 B37 1824+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Published by subscription in 1824."--Title page.
"A number of booksellers seem to have bound and published these plates under different title pages. I have seen such title-pages for ten and twenty aquatints by A.E. Binns of Bath, both 1821 ... and another for forty-eight plates"--Cf. Abbey.
All plates mounted on original brown paper, and framed with an ink rule; all titles numbered and printed on slips pasted at foot of the mount. Numbering from 1-48. No imprints or signatures.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 76
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 45
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in later half red morocco with marbled boards by Bayntun, Bath.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Pictorial works.Bayntun -- Binder.Clark -- Printer.Landscapes -- England -- Bath.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.