Early American sport; a chronological check-list of books published prior to 1860 based on an exhibition held at the Grolier club, compiled by Robert W. Henderson; with an introduction by Harry T. Peters.
- New York, The Grolier club, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p.l., vii-xvii, 134,  p. facsims. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1034Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 2015 1549: From the library of Walter L. Pforzheimer. Accompanied by Grolier Club postcard.
"One of an edition of 400 copies on Archer paper."--1st prelim. leaf.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Light brown cloth; red leather label with gold lettering on front cover, gold lettering on spine. Plates. Spine height: 9 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Pforzheimer, Walter L. (Walter Lionel), 1914-2003 -- Ownership.Sports -- United States -- Bibliography.
YCBA Collections Search
Henderson, Robert W. (Robert William), 1888-1985, Early American sport;, 1937
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.