IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Wood, John, An elementary treatise on sketching from nature , 
An elementary treatise on sketching from nature : with the principles of light and shade, the theory of colours, &c. / by John Wood.
- London : Whittaker and Co. ; .
Worcester : Wood, .
- Physical Description:
- 52 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC795 W66 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Binder's ticket: Remnant & Edmonds, London.
Printed by Maurice and Co., Fenchurch-street, London.
Cover title reads: Sketching from nature.
Publication date from preface.
Includes etching of artist's palette with hand-coloring.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.Drawing books -- Specimens.Etching -- Specimens -- 1850.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1850.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.Maurice and Co. -- Printer.Perspective -- Technique.Remnant & Edmonds -- Bookbinder.Whittaker and Co. -- Publisher.Wood -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.