Wood, John, An elementary treatise on sketching from nature , 
- An elementary treatise on sketching from nature : with the principles of light and shade, the theory of colours, &c. / by John Wood.
- London : Whittaker and Co. ; .
Worcester : Wood, .
- Physical Description:
- 52 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC795 W66 1850Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Binder's ticket: Remnant & Edmonds, London.
Printed by Maurice and Co., Fenchurch-street, London.
Cover title reads: Sketching from nature.
Publication date from preface.
Includes etching of artist's palette with hand-coloring.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.Drawing books -- Specimens.Etching -- Specimens -- 1850.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1850.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.Maurice and Co. -- Printer.Perspective -- Technique.Remnant & Edmonds -- Bookbinder.Whittaker and Co. -- Publisher.Wood -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.