Bluck, J., [Progressive lessons for drawing landscapes], 
- [Progressive lessons for drawing landscapes]
- [New edition]
- [London] : [Pub. 21, May, 1800, at R. Ackermann's Repository of the Arts, 101 Strand], 
- Physical Description:
- , 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .B58 1800+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and edition statement taken from the Advertisement: p. 
Aquatint engravings by and after J. Bluck.
Each of four designs is offerend in four versions:  simple line drawing; [2-3] with progressively added tone and detail;  hand-colored.
Text printed in two columns, in parallel English and French.
Publisher's advertisement on p.  of preliminary paging.
Ford, J. Ackermann, p. 221
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf and gray boards. Publisher's original printed title label on front cover mutilated, almost entirely lacking. Inscribed: W. Marshall.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- PublisherDrawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Gloucester (England) -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.Marshall, W. -- AutographWorcestershire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Aquatints -- 1800.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1800.
Publisher's advertisements -- England -- London -- 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.