Sidmouth scenery, or, Views of the principal cottages and residences of the nobility and gentry at the admired watering place and the environs, within fiften miles round / by Rev. E. Butcher.
- Sidmouth [England] : Printed for John Wall ..., 1817.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 100,  p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., map ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S6 S5 1817Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, Scenery 307
Illustrations by Daniel Havell; after H. Haseler.
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy contains a leaf containing the names of the "first fifty subscribers".
Engraved title page.
Also issued with no text and 1 or 2 additional plates, under same title.
- Subject Terms:
- Broderip, Edward, Jr. -- Autograph.Sidmouth (England) -- Guidebooks.Sidmouth (England) -- Imprints -- 1817.Sidmouth (England) -- Pictorial works.Wall, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
Butcher, Edmund, 1757-1822, Sidmouth scenery, or, Views of the principal cottages and residences of the nobility and gentry at the admired watering place and the environs, within fiften miles round , 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.