Stationers' Company (London, England), A transcript of the registers of the Company of Stationers of London; 1554-1640 A.D. .., 1875-77;
A transcript of the registers of the Company of Stationers of London; 1554-1640 A.D. ... Ed. by Edward Arber ...
- London, Priv. print., 1875-77;
- Physical Description:
- 5 v. illus. 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ2002 .S79 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 250 copies printed.
"[An Advance edition of this list was published separately on May 1890. It has now been thoroughly revised and corrected.]"
SML,Y X463 +A875: No. 38 of 250 copies printed.
- Subject Terms:
- Booksellers and bookselling -- England.English literature -- Bibliography -- Early.Printing -- England -- History.Publishers and publishing -- England.
- v.1. Text. Detailed cash accounts to 22 July, 1571. Summary cash abstracts onward to 2 August 1596. 1875
- v.2 Text. Entries of books to 25 June 1595. Entries of apprentices and freemen; calls on the livery, and fines to July, 1605. 1875
- v.4. Text. Entries of books to 3 Nov. 1640. Calls on the livery and promotions to the assistance to 31 December,1640. 1877
- v.5 Index. Mr. C.R. Rivington's paper on the records of the Stationers' company, 1881-1893. A list of 847 London publishers, 1553-1640. A bibliographical summary of English literature, 1555-1603. An index of the mechanical producers of Englishbooks, 1553-1640. 1894.