Parker, John Henry, 1806-1884, A hand-book for visitors to Oxford
A hand-book for visitors to Oxford : illustrated by cxxviii wood cuts by Jewitt, and xxix steel plates by Le Keux.
- New edition.
- Oxford : John Henry and James Parker, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 247,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.O98 P37 1858Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Messrs. Parker, Corn-Market, Oxford.
Illustrations by John Le Keux and by Thomas Orlando Sheldon Jewitt; after William Alfred Delamotte and Frederick Mackenzie.
Cordeaux, E. Bibliography of printed works relating to the University of Oxford 329
- Subject Terms:
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Bookplate.Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Pres. insc. from Richard James Spiers, 1859.Henry, John -- Publisher.Parker, James -- Publisher.Parker, Messrs. -- Printer.Spiers, Richard James -- Pres. inscr. to Charles Dickens, 1859.University of Oxford -- Description and travel -- Views.University of Oxford -- Guidebooks.University of Oxford -- History.
- Wood engravings -- 1858.
Steel engravings -- 1858.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.