IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745, Gulliver's travels , 1930
Gulliver's travels : volume I[-II] / Jonathan Swift, D.D. ; illustrated by Rex Whistler.
- London : Cresset Press, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3724 .G8 1930+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: British Art Center copy is number [I]. Illustrations are hand-colored. BAC copy has several pen and ink drawings by Rex Whistler.
BEIN 1998 +345: No. 135. In case.
"The foregoing text of Gulliver's Travels is that of the first large paper edition published in 1726 ... One hundred and ninety-five copies have been printed by the Oxford University Press on hand-made paper, numbered 1-195, and ten copies on roman vellum, numbered I-X ..."--Colophon.
Swift's name at head of title.
Whistler & Fuller. Rex Whistler 426
- Subject Terms:
- Cresset Press -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1930.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1930.Godley, Elizabeth Helen Monteith -- Pres. inscription from Rex Whistler.Whistler, Rex, 1905-1944 -- Pres. inscription to Elizabeth Helen Monteith Godley.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.