British butterflies : figures and descriptions of every native species : with an account of butterfly development, structure, habits, localities, mode of capture and preservation, etc. / by W.S. Coleman ; with illustrations by the author ; printed in colours by Edmund Evan.
- New edition.
- London : George Routledge & Sons, 1867.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 179 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL555 G7 C7 1867Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by R. Clay, Son, Taylor, Printers, Bread Street Hill, London.
Illustrations by Edmund Evans; after W.S. Coleman.
BAC: Binder's ticket: W. Bone & Son, 76 Fleet St., London.
BAC: Advertisements:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Bone (W.) & Son -- Binder.Butterflies -- Great Britain.Clay (R.), Son, and Taylor -- Printer.Evans, Edmund, 1826-1905 -- Printer.Natural history -- Great Britain.Routledge (George) & Sons -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1867.
YCBA Collections Search
Coleman, W. S. (William Stephen), 1829-1904, British butterflies , 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.