Three hundred and twenty picturesque views in Great Britain : land and water scenery, castles, towns, villages, seats, ruins, villas, churches, bridges, public buildings, and all objects of note and interest / the whole drawn & engraved by G.W. Bonner ; with descriptive illustrations by Charles Mackenzie.
- Additional Title(s):
320 picturesque views
- London : Published by Edward Lacey, 76, St. Paul's Church-Yard; and sold by all booksellers, [1835?]
- Physical Description:
-  p., 36 leaves of plates : ill. 23 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 .B66 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title, stamped in gilt: 320 picturesque views.
The illustrations are small wood engravings, grouped nine-to-a-page.
"The views in this complete series are admitted to be, without exception, the prettiest as well as the most faithful delineations of the places they represent, and are quite gems of art as illustrative engravings."--Title page.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Edward Lacey worked at this address from 1829-1848. Cf. Brown.
Brown, Philip A.H. London publisher's and printers. London : British Library, 1982, p. 109
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's brown cloth, with title stamped in gilt. Inscribed: Arthur Clegg Bowler.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Bowler, Arthur Clegg -- Autograph.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Lacey, Edward -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1835.
YCBA Collections Search
Bonner, G. W. (George Wilmot), 1796-1836, Three hundred and twenty picturesque views in Great Britain , [1835?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.