Hayes, M. Horace (Matthew Horace), 1842-1904, Horses on board ship , 1902
- Horses on board ship : a guide to their management / by M. Horace Hayes, F.R.C.V.S. ... ; with twenty-four photographic illustrations.
- London : Hurst and Blackett, Limited, 13, Great Marlborough Street, 1902.
London ; and Kingston : Printed by Kelly's Directories Limited
- Physical Description:
- , page viii, , 271,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUC690 .H39 1902Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
Last page blank.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 282
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth.
- Ability of horses to bear transit by sea -- Percentage of equine mortality at sea -- Horse-carrying ships -- Ventilation -- Preparation of horses before going on board -- Embarking and disembarking horses -- Portable horse-boxes -- Arrangement of horses on board ship -- Head-collars and halters -- Clothing -- Stalls -- Tying-up -- Stationary slinging of horses -- Foot-hold -- Watering horses -- Feeding utensils -- Food and feeding -- Horse attendants and stable duties -- Mucking-out -- Changing horses from one stall to another stall -- Grooming -- Exercise -- Precautions after disembarking -- Cost of transport -- Veterinary remarks -- The War Office and horse transport -- Index.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, Robert Sterling, d. 1956 -- Ownership.Horses -- Transportation.Hurst & Blackett -- Publisher.Kelly's Directories Limited -- Printer.South African War, 1899-1902 -- Calvary operations.South African War, 1899-1902 -- Transportation.Transportation, Military.War horses -- Transportation.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1902.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.