IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hayes, M. Horace (Matthew Horace), 1842-1904, Horses on board ship , 1902
Horses on board ship : a guide to their management / by M. Horace Hayes, F.R.C.V.S. ... ; with twenty-four photographic illustrations.
- London : Hurst and Blackett, Limited, 13, Great Marlborough Street, 1902.
London ; and Kingston : Printed by Kelly's Directories Limited
- Physical Description:
- , page viii, , 271,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUC690 .H39 1902Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
Last page blank.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 282
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, Robert Sterling, d. 1956 -- Ownership.Horses -- Transportation.Hurst & Blackett -- Publisher.Kelly's Directories Limited -- Printer.South African War, 1899-1902 -- Calvary operations.South African War, 1899-1902 -- Transportation.Transportation, Military.War horses -- Transportation.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1902.
- Ability of horses to bear transit by sea
- Percentage of equine mortality at sea
- Horse-carrying ships
- Preparation of horses before going on board
- Embarking and disembarking horses
- Portable horse-boxes
- Arrangement of horses on board ship
- Head-collars and halters
- Stationary slinging of horses
- Watering horses
- Feeding utensils
- Food and feeding
- Horse attendants and stable duties
- Changing horses from one stall to another stall
- Precautions after disembarking
- Cost of transport
- Veterinary remarks
- The War Office and horse transport
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.