Scatcherd, Norrison, 1870-1853, The history of Morley in the parish of Batley, and West-Riding of Yorkshire , 1830
- The history of Morley in the parish of Batley, and West-Riding of Yorkshire : and especially of the old chapel in the village : with some account of Ardsley, Topcliffe, Woodchurch, Batley, Howley-Hall, Soothill-Hall, Carlinghow, Birstal, Usher-Hall, Adwalton, the battle of Adwalton Moor, the battle of Dunbar, Gildersome, Churchwell, Cottingley, Middleton, Thorpe, and other places in the vicinity : also, of remarkable occurences in these parts, in the seventeenth century / by Norrisson Scatcherd.
- Leeds [England] : Printed and published by J. Heaton ..., 1830.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 345 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. : 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 M78 S3 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Edward Scriven, Joseph Perry, H. Parkinson and Virginia Watts.
- Subject Terms:
- Heaton, J. -- Publisher.Morley (England) -- Description and travel.Morley (England) -- History.Morley (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Engravings -- 1830.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.