Poetical sketches of Scarborough / illustrated by twenty-one engravings of humourous subjects, coloured from original designs, made upon the spot by J. Green and etched by T. Rowlandson.
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann by J. Diggens, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- , 215 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S28 P3 1813bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 297
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by Joseph Bluck, James Green and Joseph Constantinte Stadler.
BAC: Bound in original boards, with spine label.
Written by John Buonarotti Papworth, Francis Wrangham, and William Combe.
Rowlandson's name does not appear on the plates, though Green's does; many are signed by J. C. Stadler as engraver, and three by J. Bluck. According to M. Hardie's English coloured books, Stadler and Bluck probably added the aquatint and color.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834 -- Publisher.Diggens, J. -- Printer.Scarborough (England) -- Description -- Views.Scarborough (England) -- Poetry.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1813.
YCBA Collections Search
Papworth, John Buonarotti, 1775-1847, Poetical sketches of Scarborough , 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.