Papworth, John Buonarotti, 1775-1847, Poetical sketches of Scarborough , 1813
- Poetical sketches of Scarborough / illustrated by twenty-one engravings of humourous subjects, coloured from original designs, made upon the spot by J. Green and etched by T. Rowlandson.
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann by J. Diggens, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- , 215 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S28 P3 1813bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by Joseph Bluck, James Green and Joseph Constantinte Stadler.
BAC: Bound in original boards, with spine label.
Written by John Buonarotti Papworth, Francis Wrangham, and William Combe.
Rowlandson's name does not appear on the plates, though Green's does; many are signed by J. C. Stadler as engraver, and three by J. Bluck. According to M. Hardie's English coloured books, Stadler and Bluck probably added the aquatint and color.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery 297
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834 -- Publisher.Diggens, J. -- Printer.Scarborough (England) -- Description -- Views.Scarborough (England) -- Poetry.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.