Récréations instructives : voyage pittoresque à travers le monde = Instructive recreations : picturesque voyage round the world / par A. St. Aulaire.
- Additional Title(s):
Voyage au tour du monde. English
- Paris : Publié par Aubert et Cie., Pl. de la Bourse, No. 29, [between 1830 and 1842]
- Physical Description:
- , 24 leaves : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG136 .S2513 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Though Gumuchian gives a date of ca. 1845, internal evidence in the text suggests a date range of 1830-1842.
Later edition issued between 1866 and 1872 with plates and expanded text in French only.
Gumuchian & cie. Livres de l'enfance du XVe au XIXe siècle, 5037
BAC: British Art Center copy bound publisher's original illustrated green paper-covered boards. With publisher's advertisments (8 p.) at end not included in pagination.
Lithographs of various peoples and countries of the world with accompanying text.
- Subject Terms:
- Geography -- Study and teaching.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830-1842.
YCBA Collections Search
St. Aulaire, A. (Achille), 1801-ca. 1889, Récréations instructives , [between 1830 and 1842]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.