IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hayter, Charles, 1761-1835, An introduction to perspective, practical geometry, drawing, and painting , 1832
An introduction to perspective, practical geometry, drawing, and painting : a new and perfect explanation of the mixture of colours with full and practical directions for miniature, crayons, and oil painting : in a series of pleasing and familiar dialogues between the author's children : and an epistolary instruction to pupils : properly adapted for the instruction of females, and equally for all professional students / by Charles Hayter.
- Fifth edition.
- London : Samuel Bagster, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 259 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 H48 1832Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations by John Rogers, J. Turnbull and C. Cobley; after Charles Hayter.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Painting -- Study and teaching.Perspective -- Study and teaching.Samuel Bagster and Sons -- Publisher.
- Steel engravings.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.