IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hamilton, George, writer on art, The elements of drawing in its various branches, for the use of students , 1827
The elements of drawing in its various branches, for the use of students : illustrated by fifty engravings, plain and colored, containing several hundred examples from the works of the greatest masters / by George Hamilton.
- A new edition.
- London : Printed for Sir Richard Phillips and Co. ..., 1827.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 92 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC590 H35 1827Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printed by Shackell and Baylis, Johnson's-Court.
Illustrations by T. L. Busby; after Giovanni Battista Cipriani, Raphael, Charles Le Brun and George Morland.
Some illustrations after Varley.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.Drawing books -- Specimens.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1827.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1827.Etching -- Specimens -- 1827.Phillips, R (Richard) Sir, and Co. -- Publisher.Shackell and Baylis -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 1827.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.