The grammar of form.
- [London] : National Society for Promoting the Education of the Poor, &c., and sold at the Depository, Sanctuary, Westminster, [1855?]
- Physical Description:
- XXIV leaves : all ill. : 29 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2006 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographed throughout, by Benjamin Richard Green and James Fahey.
Another edition of this work was published (ca. 1870?) by Dobbs, Kidd, & Co., with title: The grammar of form : a series of examples for students in drawing, arranged progressively to illustrate the different appearances in the forms of objects, caused by change of place, position and disance
A review of this title appeared in The Art Journal, 1855.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Drawing -- Technique -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1855.National Society of for Promoting the Education of the Poor in the Principles of the Established Church (Great Britain) -- PublisherPerspective -- Technique -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Drawing books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.