You're never alone in the ocean : life of plankton / Nicholas Phillips.
- [London : N. Phillips, 1981.]
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. (4 p.) : ill. ; 18 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE642 P48 Y78 1981+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Record of imaginary plankton specimens, ostensibly collected from around the world.
Boards with attached slides and etchings placed inside.
Limited edition of 10 copies.
In slipcase and black velour envelope, as issued.
Date from bookdealer.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 59
BAC: This is copy  of 10 copies. Numbered in pen and ink in upper right-hand corner of page .
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Natural history -- Humor.Natural history -- Specimens.Oceanography in art.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
- p. . Inside front cover, chart of "samples" and observations
- p. . Glass slides of "samples" mounted on board
- p. . Five relief etchings of "plankton", mounted on board, with separate cardboard frame
- p. . Inside back cover: world map with sites of collected "plankton", numbered in both arabic and roman numerals, in pen and ink.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.