The left-handed Punch / Roy Fisher & Ronald King.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- , 35,  p. : col. ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A P 13Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: This is copy  of a limited edition of 80 copies. Signed by the artist.
"When the idea for collaborating on a Punch and Judy book with Roy Fisher first came to Ron King in 1984 he sent the poet a small version of the play illustrated by Cruikshank and published by Routledge. Fisher liked the idea and started work on the play in 1985 ... There was some idea at this time of expanding the text with dialogue written by Fisher but ultimately long excerpts of the Routledge text were used instead. Hence the four dimensional character of the play with the [cutout] puppets, the on-stage directions, the off-stage commentary and lastly the inimitable script taken from the original drama"--Introd.
"Designed, printed and made by Ronald King"--Prelim. p. .
Printed mainly on double leaves.
Issued in loose sections in a paper cover, in a slipcase.
"This first edition ... is limited to eighty books signed and numbered by both artist and poet plus eight copies marked A.P. and two marked H.C."--Prelim. p. .
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Guildford (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1986.Punch and Judy.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Screen prints -- 1986.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.